Re: Using GNU as with EGCS 1.1.1 on HP/UX 10.20? (small patch)

On Dec  4, 1998, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> As I install egcs, and another person installs gcc and gas, I want
> to change the prefix of egcs and still find gas.

What do you mean, change the prefix of egcs?  You can't really do that
without rebuilding, although you can get close by setting some
environment variables.

> Why does not --with-as=/full/path/to/gas work?

It is not supposed to work in the 1.1 branch.  Perhaps this should be
made clear in the FAQ...

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}