Re: STL[quick questions]

>     I was wondering if egcs distributoins are going to
>   have the latest available SGI STL? This would be very
>   convenient assuming testing will be done in advance.

Last time we discussed this, we said we'd switch STL versions for 1.2.

>     I see many posts about STL on the egcs list, but no
>   clear indication if, say, SGI STL 3.11 works with egcs-1.1.1
>   on Solaris2.6, Linux2 or Windows NT4.0

As far as I know, it works, but you need to make sure you don't
wind up mixing headers from the two versions.  The reason for not
switching for 1.1 was bad timing, and 1.1.1 was supposed to be
binary compatible so we didn't switch.