Re: autoconf 2.12.2 ???

  In message <19981202184121.44539@liafa1.liafa.jussieu.fr>you write:
  > I hope that egcs is big enough to change that. Either that, or this is
  > going to be an inconvenience when a true release that relies on 2.12.1 hits the
  > door...
But our releases do not need to run autoconf to build.  Only folks that are
using cvs snapshots or updating strictly with diffs are going to have these
problems.  And they're easily addressed with a few well placed touch commands.

  > The real relevance to egcs is that this is starting to remind me very
  > strongly of a compiler that took a three years leave of absence between
  > releases...
There's a lot of history behind the autoconf mess.  I think it's coming out
from under the rock now.  The primary difference was nobody was working on
autoconf so there was nothing new to release.  THe scene in the gcc2 world
was significantly different.

jeff