Re: b20: c++ bug or feature?

> There must be something very wrong, somewhere.  Unless I am mistaken,
> this implies vtables larger than 45Kbytes!  What kind of design results
> in such humongous vtables?  This seems to imply literally thousands
> of virtual functions.

This is not about the offset in the vtable or vtable size;  it is the
space available for the 'this' adjustment needed for multiple inheritance.
That is a function of the *object* size.

Or just use thunks (-fnew-abi or -fvtable-thunks), which do not have
this restriction.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner