Re: How to clean up i386 machine description?

  In message <199811122144.NAA19144@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU>you write:
  > I don't think the goal is to have a clean-looking machine description;
  > the x86 architecture is itself too messy for that.
I disagree.  It *is* one of the goals.  Messy machine descriptions lead to
bugs and long term maintenance problems.  We should be addressing those
issues as well as the performance issues.

jeff