Re: Checkin Policy

    >> So, I suggest that you take the time to run the C++ testsuite
    >> as well.  If you notice the C++ test results changing over
    >> time, please complain; that will encourage the C++ developers
    >> (myself included) to make sure we're not breaking the
    >> testsuite.

    Joern> That's what I'm seeing right now.  It seems that some
    Joern> things just don't work with libc5 ???

That's probably right.  It looks like you're seeing a lot of EH
problems.   Even some of the ones that don't have `eh' or `dyncast' in
their name appear to be EH-related.

HJ is probably the expert on what binutils/libc versions are required
to make things work.  Unfortunately, I don't have a libc5 machine
anymore (I do actually have libc5 on my system, but no headers for
it.)  I'm sorry I can't offer more help.

Probably, we should try to get the libc5 tests working as well, unless
there is some fundamental limitation in libc5 that keeps these things
from working.  I suspect that libc5 will be with us for quite a while,
so we probably shouldn't ignore it.

Thank you for trying this experiment.  I suggest you use the results
you obtained as a baseline; that will at least tell you if things are
changing.  Please let us know if things do change for the worse.

--
Mark Mitchell 			mark@markmitchell.com
Mark Mitchell Consulting	http://www.markmitchell.com