Re: question about Makefiles

On Nov 12, 1998, Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> wrote:

> I didn't see this explictly mentioned anywhere, so I thought I'd ask
> to make sure: does egcs require that its Makefiles work with any
> `make', and not just GNU make?

egcs currently states that GNU make is required, but it would be nice
if we could get rid of this dependency (if it really exists) in the
future.  Which is to say that, if you are going to introduce a new
dependency on GNU make, think twice, and try to find a work-around.
All this IMHO, of course :-)

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.anu.edu.au}