Re: continuing egcs-1.1 problems

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Franz Sirl wrote:

> You just might have stumbled over the root of the problems, I seem to
> remember that egcs defaults to "-mcall-sysv -meabi" on Linux? That would
> explain the 8-Byte alignement, wouldn't it?
>
> Fred, can you run a test with explicitly specifying -mcall-linux?
>
> Franz.

I compiled Fred's test code with patched and unpatched versions of egcs
1.1b with -mcall-linux command line option. (The patched version of egcs
contains both patches.) The test code compiled with unpatched egcs still
bombs out. Code compiled with patched egcs works fine.

---
Amal Phadke
Department of Ocean Engineering
University of Hawaii at Manoa