Re: PRE in gcse.c

On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 10:17:07AM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Interestingly enough ulrich cleaned them up and submitted them (probably to
> me directly) recently.  I haven't had a time to look at them.

Uli and I have discussed them several times in the past week or so.
We've come to the conclusion that the implementation of __b_e takes
the wrong approach, being way too invasive on the md.

The proper approach is not to have __b_e add rtl for the back end to
recognize, but rather infect the data flow analysis to see how the
tagged values find their way to branches.

We can begin by making this a local propogation until the more
interesting bits of framework are in place.

r~