Re: Sun compares their compiler tools to GNU tools

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Colin Douglas Howell wrote:
> Sun has published a marketing comparison of their compiler suite,
> Visual WorkShop C++ 3.0, with the GNU compiler tools.  See the URL:
>
> 	http://www.sun.com/workshop/visual/

Shall we add some official reply from EGCS developers and testers) to our
web page?

Gerald

BTW, the page at the URL above is ridiculous, and this is the main page
of that product! No link to more detailed information is evident.

 . What's ``the latest from GNU'' in ``We examined the performance of the
   Sun C and C++ compilers, comparing them with the latest from GNU''?

 . Customer application (C code)  7%-30%
   No source code available? What does the range mean?
 :
 :
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/