Re: EGCS compilers

> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:10:26 -0600
> From: Carlton Teel <cdteel@iadfw.net>
> To: egcs@cygnus.com

> I just recently heard of the EGCS compiler effort.  I have read your
> web site information, but I am still a little confused about how and
> when your changes will get rolled back into the FSF releases.

I will probably just release the next FSF g++ release from the egcs
source base if no one dissuades me, so there is little to roll into
the FSF release for g++.  If people don't think this is a good idea,
let me know.  No, I don't have any specific ideas on when to release
it, so don't worry (if that is what you were going to do).  I kinda
would like to have people beat up on namespaces in egcs, and maybe
even have using implemented before release, so we're a ways out.
Making it post -fnew-abi, might be good, unless full interop with 2.8
can be done, which I doubt.  Also, I'm thinking, best to sync with an
egcs release for the FSF release, to help insure interoperability and
cut down on shared libraries.