Re: egcs and exceptions

On Nov  3, 1998, Jason Merrill <jason@cygnus.com> wrote:

>> But the doubt is: must you do that, or can you just compile and link
>> foo.cc with -fsjlj-exceptions on Solaris and it will work?

> It may work, but not reliably.

You know...  The more I think about these options that require the
whole library to be rebuilt, the more I believe we should require them
to be specified at some point in compile-time in order to enable them
at run-time.  Perhaps some additional configure switch that causes
them to be used to build the library and enables the switch by
default, or something that causes multilibs to be created to support
both variants (enabled and disabled) of the particular flag...

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:oliva@gnu.org mailto:aoliva@acm.org