Re: egcs and exceptions

On 29 Oct 1998, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Of course one may argue that libgcc has nothing to do with `the entire
> application', and I'm not really sure you must really choose sjlj at
> build time, but if you have spare CPU cycles to try that, it would be
> nice to know...

With my stock egcs-1.1b setup on i686-pc-linux-gnu, I can turn on sjlj
EH with -fsjlj-exceptions flag, at least for the trivial testcases I've
tried.

This is the first I've heard of sjlj EH not work on a "well greased"
target like i686-linux. In fact, it's the one that consistently works,
where dwarf2 requires a *lot* more work, including cooperation from
the linker. I never did get dwarf2 to work under win32 for example,
but sjlj worked like a champ out of the box the first time.

Regards,
Mumit