Re: gas/gld installation during bootstrap -- how to unpack?

EGCS list,

I think my last question was too brief.  Here is a bit more
explanation of what I mean:

To have "make bootstrap" build and use gas and gld, should the
binutils-2.9.1 top-level source directory be in the egcs-1.1a
directory or should certain sub-directories and files from
binutils-2.9.1 be placed in egcs-1.1a?

Thanks again for your time,
Fred Wheeler
wheeler@ipl.rpi.edu