Re: Huh?

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 N8TM@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/21/98 8:23:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rjoiner@tc.net
> writes:
>
> > bison: Command not found
> bison is a parser generator, similar to yacc, typically used in the generation
> of gnu compilers.  It's one of the optional development packages in linux,
> comes automatically with gnu-win32; otherwise get the source from ftp.gnu.org
> or a mirror and build it.  It was always needed on some systems before gcc
> could be configured; now it's needed on all systems to build java.

Thanks, I now know what bison is.

However, it hasn't been needed in the last several snapshot's, until 1019
(or possibly 1012, as I skipped that one).

Linux is not the system I'm attempting to compile this on, and any
assumption of a flavor of OS is not the Right Thing(tm).

Also, inclusion of any and all necessary files, apps, tools, lib's, etc.
for compilation on the Web site would be _extremely_ useful.  I've looked
and could find ref. only to the testsuite tools needed.

Thanks,
Rand.

__
Randall Joiner,  Prestidictator/Son-of-a-bezelwort/Sysadmin
This may seem a bit weird, but that's okay, because it is weird.
-- Man page for Perl Data Structures (man perldata)