Re: Latest .weakext patch to mips/iris6.h

---Jason Merrill <jason@cygnus.com> wrote:

>  >  after looking at your change to mips/iris6.h, I believe
>  > the ASM_OUTPUT_LABEL belongs into the ASM_WEAKEN_LABEL macro
>  > insted of the ASM_OUTPUT_WEAK_ALIAS macro. If you want to put
>  > it there, it belongs into the case where VALUE is NULL.
>  > With the current version, the mipsPRO assembler may complain
>  > about multiple ".globl" definitions if VALUE is non-NULL.
>
> Huh?  The .globl is for the alias (NAME) symbol, not the real (VALUE)
> symbol.
>
> Jason

Jason,

 if you use the ".weakext NAME,VALUE" version, you do not need
a ".globl NAME". It is assumed that there is a ".globl VALUE"
somewhere in the code.

 I have no idea what actually happens if you do a:

.globl NAME
.globl VALUE
.weakext NAME,VALUE

 It may cause no hurt, but I find it inelegant :-) I
will check it tonight.

Martin
===