Re: egcs-1.1b and gld/gas build problems on Solaris

Ok, that worked, thanks.  I did look at the FAQ, but missed this entry
because I was looking for gld-related info (since that's where my gcc
was dying).  May I suggest that this FAQ entry be rephrased somewhat
along these lines:

    GCC can not find GAS/GLD

    If GCC was configured to use GNU assembler (--with-gnu-as) and/or GNU
    linker (--with-gnu-ld), you need to ensure that EGCS finds them.

    One way to do that is to configure the GNU assembler/linker with the
    same --prefix option as you used for EGCS. Then build & install the GNU
    assembler. After the GNU assembler has been installed,proceed with
    building EGCS.

    Another alternative is to create links to GNU as and ld in any of the
    directories printed by the command `gcc -print-search-dirs | grep
    '^programs:''. The link to `ld' should be named `real-ld' if `ld'
    already exists.

Thanks again,

Marat.