Re: Anyone want another `make check'er?

On Sun, 4 October 1998, 00:55:45, nix-egcs@esperi.demon.co.uk wrote:

 > I'm in a position to run nightly -Wall compiles and `make check's over
 > the latest egcs CVS tree, on an i586-pc-linux-gnu box. It occurs to me
 > that as Manfred is doing such a good job running tests on this box
Thanks for the compliment ;-)
 > that it might not be needed - but is anyone doing checks with haifa
 > enabled on here? Does it work well enough for this to be worth it?
Since the ix86 line is a candidate to be made "Haifa aware", I guess
it would be fine.  May I suggest to make our results comparable, that
you'll be using similar compilation flags, i.e.

  BOOT_CFLAGS="-O9 -funroll-all-loops -g -march=pentium -mcpu=pentium -fomit-frame-pointer"

and

  "-O9 -march=pentium -mcpu=pentium -fomit-frame-pointer -g"

for both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS?!

 > If nobody's doing it and the concensus is that it's worth it I can
 > start checking away...
 >
 > --
 > `A wonderful piece of paper, that IDE specification... useful in
 >  so far as the margins may be used for the proofs of theorems...'
 >    - Terry Lambert on comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc (from Nik Clayton)

Thanks.

manfred