Egcs on SUNOS 4.1.4?

Hi,
is there anybody who succeeded in building egcs on a SUNOS 4.1.4 host?

I got hundreds of errors while compiling cccp.c
The problem is a unmotivated 'TOP' in the file auto-host.h
I don't know, where this comes from. (this is egcs-19980921).
I thought, it comes from a broken sed, so i changed to gnu-sed, but
it didn't go away.
If i delete this TOP, compilation proceedes a bit further
but bombs in another file.

So before fiddling around, i thought it would be easier
to ask for anyone, who did it before.

The problem is, that this machine is soooooooooooooooooooo slow.
Even the configure takes nearly half an hour.

Thanks a lot,
Martin.