Re: sorry not implemented: address of bound pointer-to-member function

> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:26:55 +0200
> From: "A.P. Zijlstra" <peter@mcs.nl>

> I'm currently using egcs-19980921 (l8est snapshot), and ran into the
> error: "sorry not implemented: address of bound pointer-to-member
> function".
> What do I do?

Well, you can try and fix your code so that it conforms to the ANSI
standard for C++.  What you want to do is not permitted, find another
way.

> Is there someone working on this implementation

No.

> or do I code around this problem?

Best approach for portable code.

> Also could someone explain the exact meaning of this message to
> me.

Sure, a bound pointer-to-member function is a virtual member function
that is associated with a concrete object.  The address of such a
thing is the address of the actual function.

I suppose that with thunks such an extension is ill-advised, if
someone wants to do up a patch to change the working into something
like error ("ANSI C++ forbids ..."), that would clarify this thing.