egcs produces slow code on HPUX 10.20

I've included a benchmark extracted out of our code that is
significantly slower for egcs 1.1a on an HPUX 10.20 pa-risc 2.0
machine.  In the file `results', note in particular the difference in
speed for the float test, since this is what we actually use.  The
constants are set up so as to avoid ending up in cache, because our
actual data is pretty large.

If you need .s files, I can generate them and send them on.

--
Jerry Quinn				Tel: (514) 761-8737
jquinn@nortel.ca			Fax: (514) 761-8505

speeders.tgz