This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Oddities with gcc/g++ linkage
- To: alex dot buell at tahallah dot demon dot co dot uk
- Subject: Re: Oddities with gcc/g++ linkage
- From: Martin von Loewis <martin at mira dot isdn dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 22:32:12 +0200
- CC: egcs at cygnus dot com
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> As a follow-up, yes giving the --enable-shared parameters fixes the
> problem. Martin, I suggest you recompile egcs-1.1b with --enabled-shared
> and see if that cures your problem.
I guess it would, but this is not my point (this wasn't even my
IMHO, it would be better if the relevant libio parts came from libc
instead of libstdc++, even when linking libstdc++ statically. But
then, I can't provide a fix, so we have to live with the work-around.