This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- To: bothner at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 16:45:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com, law at cygnus dot com
> From: Per Bothner <email@example.com>
> > 1. Wasn't using the BSD style a GNU coding convention at some point?
> In the old days, there were two main styles of Unix: "USG" (System 5),
> and "BSD". The GNU preference was for BSD, when there was a choice.
> This distinction is now completely meaningless. Now, the default
> should be Posix, unless there is a good readon not to.
So prefering the BSD style *was* mere preference and in fact
no longer relevant. Thanks for clearing this up.
Kaveh R. Ghazi Engagement Manager / Project Services
firstname.lastname@example.org Icon CMT Corp.