This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- From: Carlo Wood <carlo at runaway dot xs4all dot nl>
- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 16:19:30 +0200 (CEST)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com (egcs at cygnus dot com)
| Some popular systems do not provide ANSI compilers by default with
| their systems. HPUX for example. Solaris may also be in the same
>From my ircu package ;)
The package needs an ANSI compiler. Some compilers need an extra option
to compile ANSI C. In those cases you can add these options also here.
For example, on a HPUX-8.x you would use (if you don't have gcc):
"cc -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE".
I agree that this from quite an old source, a few years ago, but I can't
believe that HPUX can afford NOT to have an ANSI compiler, so I guess
this will still work.
Carlo Wood <firstname.lastname@example.org>