This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- From: John Carr <jfc at mit dot edu>
- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 11:19:26 EDT
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> Some popular systems do not provide ANSI compilers by default with
> their systems. HPUX for example. Solaris may also be in the same
I know that a few systems don't have ANSI C compilers. I even knew you
were going to mention HPUX. I don't think that is a good enough reason to
keep gcc 10 years in the past.
HP is an exception. Other vendors ship a modern compiler or none at all.
Solaris 2.x does not have ANY bundled C compiler but gcc is still viable on
that system. Users without the Sun compiler can get gcc in binary form.