This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch for killing cc0 users
- To: law at cygnus dot com, Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: patch for killing cc0 users
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 21:12:32 -0700
- Cc: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>, egcs at cygnus dot com
- References: <19980919120203.A24360@dot.cygnus.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Sat, Sep 19, 1998 at 10:04:17PM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> However, combine create insns which have a set of CC0 in parallel with
> another operation (search for HAVE_cc0 in combine.c), so I do think
> we do need to check for additional side effects before deleting the
> cc0 setter insn.
> In cases where we can't delete cc0 setter, we might just want to leave
> the cc0 user alone...
This is exactly what the patch does.