Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal

In a message dated 9/19/98 1:32:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jfc@mit.edu
writes:

> This means, for example, using ANSI string functions and prototypes
>  unconditionally.
I certainly have my personal doubts whether we want to test everything e.g. in
libf2c with pre-ansi compilers, and these unused historical branches make it
messy to read.  OTOH:

I just fell back on bootstrapping egcs from the HP non-ANSI compiler, and it
still works.  I had lost several days trying to repeat a bootstrap using the
expensive HP C compiler, which seems to have broken on my installation.  So I
appreciate the lowest common denominator compatibility for bootstrapping.