This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: report config.status instead of config.guess?
- To: robertl at dgii dot com (Robert Lipe)
- Subject: Re: report config.status instead of config.guess?
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Sat, 19 Sep 98 16:18:09 PDT
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> It's increasingly clear that those rascally users don't differentiate
> between mailing a file and mailing the output of a file. This is why
> we keep getting copies of config.guess mailed to egcs.
> Should we encourage users to mail us the contents of config.status
> instead of the output of config.guess?
We don't need any email at all from users who have installed egcs
successfully on a very well-tested platform. We'd only want mail
from users who have problems, or users of unusual platforms.
Ask 'em to mail the output of "gcc -v". No one's going to send us
gcc by mistake. :-)