Re: report config.status instead of config.guess?

> It's increasingly clear that those rascally users don't differentiate
> between mailing a file and mailing the output of a file.   This is why
> we keep getting copies of config.guess mailed to egcs.
>
> Should we encourage users to mail us the contents of config.status
> instead of the output of config.guess?

We don't need any email at all from users who have installed egcs
successfully on a very well-tested platform.  We'd only want mail
from users who have problems, or users of unusual platforms.

Ask 'em to mail the output of "gcc -v".  No one's going to send us
gcc by mistake. :-)