This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dynamic Linkage Problem
- To: gatgul at voicenet dot com (Uncle George)
- Subject: Re: Dynamic Linkage Problem
- From: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu)
- Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> while ur at it
> can u ( if u havent allready ) fix a LD bug related to the alpha. the
> .dynsym section should be cleared out on the alpha before use. Some entries
> in the table are not cleared when the table becomes populated, and random
> numbers are left within the table. An example would be the libdl.so
> distributed with the 6cd jewel set. It has bogus entries that causes gdb to
> go core.
> I had posted this patch before, but dont know what happened to it - if
>From bfd/ChangeLog.linux in binutils 18.104.22.168.13:
Sun Aug 9 11:52:47 1998 H.J. Lu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* elf32-arm.c (elf_arm_size_dynamic_sections): Use bfd_zalloc
instead of bfd_alloc for allocating the section contents.
* elf32-i386.c (elf_i386_size_dynamic_sections): Likewise.
* elf32-m68k.c (elf_m68k_size_dynamic_sections): Likewise.
* elf32-mips.c (mips_elf_size_dynamic_sections): Likewise.
* elf32-sparc.c (elf32_sparc_size_dynamic_sections): Likewise.
* elf64-alpha.c (elf64_alpha_do_reloc_gpdisp): Likewise.
* elf64-mips.c (mips_elf64_write_relocs): Likewise.
* elfcode.h (write_relocs): Likewise.
* elflink.h (NAME(bfd_elf,size_dynamic_sections)): Likewise.
Is that good enough for you?