Re: [OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages

 Joe> Note that this is only the same as info for texi2html when run
 Joe> in the one file per node mode, which is probably not optimal for
 Joe> use over a network.

I doubt those of us who want info features (or better) are talking
about using it over a wide area network (even though the Network was
the Computer long before it was a trademark, of course).

I can't remember whether the new makeinfo will put the tree structure
info in monolithic files, but obviously it could FWIW.  I wonder if
any browser other than W3 groks and could use REL/REV attributes of
<a>.

 Joe> However, apparently the Mozilla guys are looking into using the
 Joe> <link ... rel=next> tag for prefetching.

Blimey.  It registers at last.  But that's no help to you using the
thing to read tree-structured Texinfo output.