Re: [OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages

 Joe> HTML is a bad "source language"

[...]

Indeed.

 Joe> but it's a good language to generate from other forms.

That depends.  In this context a relevant consideration is whether the
cross-referencing (hypertext) model of the source matches that of HTML
(`Dexter', somewhat restricted IIRC).  In the case of Texinfo it
doesn't (see `texinfo -invisible').  This can lead to a degree of pain
and/or invalid HTML.

 Joe> texi2html already exists.

But is GNU-deprecated.  I gather the new makeinfo is nearing alpha
test.  I presume it will still handle the g77 manual, at least, but
that work was emphatically not done with the idea of dumping Info at
this juncture!