This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- To: Per Bothner <bothner at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- From: John Carr <jfc at mit dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 11:07:51 EDT
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> It is really ridiculous that gcc still uses the non-ANSI functions
> (such as bcopy), rather than the standard ANSI functions. We all
> (I hope) agree this is bogus, but fixing them all is a hassle.
I will go even further. gcc should be written in strict ANSI C and no
longer attempt to support pre-ANSI compilers.
This means, for example, using ANSI string functions and prototypes
Converting the Berkeley string functions to ANSI can be done