This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g77 and cpp. Single quote in comment line.
- To: burley at gnu dot org, dbanks at cislunar dot com
- Subject: Re: g77 and cpp. Single quote in comment line.
- From: Kate Hedstrom <kate at ahab dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 09:12:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> >I've had a long term problem with code that uses cpp with g77
> >and has single quotes in comment lines.
> In the long run, it'd be great to offer a Fortran-specific preprocessor
> with g77. There are apparently some Fortran preprocessors available
> on the 'net, but I haven't investigated these.
Meanwhile, "cpp -traditional" should do the job. This is how cpp gets
called if you ask g77 to do it for you (g77 foo.F).