This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop unrolling
- To: leei at ai dot sri dot com (Lee Iverson)
- Subject: Re: Loop unrolling
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 10:03:40 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: law at cygnus dot com, pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at, egcs at cygnus dot com, crosby at qwes dot math dot cmu dot edu
> 2) Determining whether a loop is empty or not needs some kind of
> register lifetime information. Last I looked, this was not
> reliable at the time of loop unrolling. If this is no longer true,
> then I can resurrect some code to do this.
As long as the end value o the loop counter can be calculated, this is