This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs 1.1b successfully built on HPPA1.1/hpux10.20
- To: Harmanjit Singh <harman at omsi dot com>
- Subject: Re: egcs 1.1b successfully built on HPPA1.1/hpux10.20
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:31:03 -0600
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <email@example.com>you write:
> ./config.guess: hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20
> Configured as:
> ../egcs-1.1b/configure --prefix=/htools/gnu --with-gnu-as --enable-shared
> make bootstrap
> make install
> The default linking of a c++ program is static, how do I change it to
> use shared libraries? The shared libraries are in /htools/gnu/lib.
Huh? GCC does not try to statically link code on HP's by default.
The HP linker first looks for dynamic libraries. If none are found,
then it will look at static libraries. The search priorities can
be modified by using the -a argument to the HP linker.
GCC by default does not change the HP linker's search priorities.