Re: egcs-1.1.1 issues

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> We should be thinking about what bugs we want/need to address for
> egcs-1.1.1.

Considering many bug reports concerning ICEs recently, I'd like to
suggest adding the improved error messages for ICEs that have made it
(will make it?) into the main branch.

> Basically I'd kind of like to hear from the various groups (C++,
> Fortran, various backend/target folks) about the most serious bugs
> they've seen reported against egcs-1.1 [...]

As part of the "usability group" ;-), how about the gcc/README patch I
have submitted two weeks ago? (I Haven't received any response, though.)

http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs-patches/1998-Sep/0012.html

> Note I'm unavailable next week.  I doubt anything significant
> will happen on egcs-1.1.1 until early October anyway.

You once thought about egcs-1.1 + patches + new STL becoming 1.2.
Is that still under consideration?

(I didn't notice any problems with the new STL in local projects
nor on egcs-bugs, but I have no strong preference either way.)

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/