Re: _G_config.h not picking up sigset.h on linux 2.0.35 + glibc 2.0.7 (RH5.1)

HJL> Why did you specify your machine?

primarily because i have a K6 in that box, and i was trying to force
the 686-class instruction set.  at some point, (especially once the
"amdk6" mods are in) i would like to have a tuned-for-the-cpu compiler
and executables...

HJL> Don't do it. Let egcs figure out what you have unless you know
HJL> what you are doing.

HJL> # ../egcs-1.1b/configure --enable-threads --enable-shared

gotcha.  i did that, and it worked beautifully.  thanks for the kick
in the pants.  :)

HJL> FYI, you invented a configuration which egcs knows nothing about.

*laugh* that would explain most of my difficulties.  i think i lifted
that configuration from a few failed compiles of glibc2...

thanks again,
tony
--
Tkil * <URL: http://www.scrye.com/~tkil> * hopelessly hopeless romantic.
  "So amplify this little one 	|   She hears as much as she can see