This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages
- To: Linux Glibc <glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages
- From: Alex Buell <alex dot buell at tahallah dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:26:06 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: alex dot buell at tahallah dot demon dot co dot uk, Kamil Iskra <kamil at dwd dot interkom dot pl>, Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>, egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: alex dot buell at tahallah dot demon dot co dot uk
On 17 Sep 1998, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> |> I don't care. If the text console version of the info program didn't suck
> |> so badly
> Have you actually tried any recent version of the info program?
Yes, I did. It would keep doing weird things like jump to a completely
different page from the one I wanted to see no matter what I did, so gave
up and texi2ps'd them into postscript docs and read them via ghostview.
/\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
> ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.
http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk - *new* - rewritten for text browser users!
Linux tahallah 2.1.121 #40 Thu Sep 10 07:26:39 EDT 1998 i486 unknown