This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: pgcc => egcs, any volunteers?
- To: Marc Lehmann <pcg at goof dot com>
- Subject: Re: pgcc => egcs, any volunteers?
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 01:56:27 -0600
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <email@example.com>you write:
> So, if you want to became an egcs hacker, how about working on pgcc and see
> which parts of it can be integrated into egcs and getting these patches int o
> shape so that they can be included. This might be a nice opportunity to
> learn about the egcs backend, as pgcc touches almost all parts of it.
> If you're interested, feel free to contact me.
I highly encourage this!
While I can not take on the responsibility of reimplementing stuff
right now, I am willing to take on the responsibility of coaching
someone else through some of this work.
There are (IMHO) features in pgcc that are suitable for relatively
new gcc hackers as well as old gcc hackers.