This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop unrolling
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: Loop unrolling
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 00:54:30 -0600
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com, Scott A Crosby <crosby at qwes dot math dot cmu dot edu>
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>you write:
> The current state of this is that basically the discussion has stopped
> without any clear decision for or against removal of empty loops and
> that currently the documentation does not (always) match actual behaviour.
I thought I had said something about this.
Basically I have no objection to the optimizers removing empty loops.
The old arguments against removing them were lame to start with and
they're even more lame now.
If someone wants to submit code to allow loop.c to remove such loops,
it will not be rejected because "gcc isn't supposed to remove empty