This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop unrolling
- To: crosby at qwes dot math dot cmu dot edu (Scott A Crosby)
- Subject: Re: Loop unrolling
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:20:08 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> I hate to bring up a 3 month-old horse, but has anyone added in such
> functionality to remove empty loops, unconditionally? (Or, could a
> complete newbie GCC/EGCS hacker add it in himself and submit a patch?)
It is a special case of loop unrolling. It is fairly easy to modify
unroll.c to completely unroll all empty loops. The tricky part is that
some loops might not terminate before unrolling, yet unrolling them
completely removes them.