Re: Exceptions workaround for older systems that don't USE_COLLECT2

  In message <199809160449.VAA26826@aldrington.ppp.cs.sfu.ca>you write:
  > libgcc.a(__main.o):
  >          U ___DTOR_LIST__
  > 00000000 T ___do_global_dtors
  > 0000002c d _p.2
  >
  > As you see, there is no __main. The culprit is config/nextstep.h, which
  > defines INIT_SECTION_ASM_OP and undefines INVOKE__main (since it still
  > expects that NeXT's linker will be handling constructors).
Yup.  That's exactly what I was trying to determine indirectly by
asking you for the symbol list for _main.o :-)

  > I'll post a patch for this on egcs-patches once I've built egcs with my
  > changes to nextstep.h (it looks like a pretty obvious fix).
Yea, it should be straightforward.  Eagerly awaiting your patch.

Thanks for looking into this.
jeff