This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Exceptions workaround for older systems that don't USE_COLLECT2
- To: "Melissa O'Neill" <oneill at cs dot sfu dot ca>
- Subject: Re: Exceptions workaround for older systems that don't USE_COLLECT2
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:09:31 -0600
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com, Jamie Lokier <egcs at tantalophile dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199809160449.VAA26826@aldrington.ppp.cs.sfu.ca>you write:
> U ___DTOR_LIST__
> 00000000 T ___do_global_dtors
> 0000002c d _p.2
> As you see, there is no __main. The culprit is config/nextstep.h, which
> defines INIT_SECTION_ASM_OP and undefines INVOKE__main (since it still
> expects that NeXT's linker will be handling constructors).
Yup. That's exactly what I was trying to determine indirectly by
asking you for the symbol list for _main.o :-)
> I'll post a patch for this on egcs-patches once I've built egcs with my
> changes to nextstep.h (it looks like a pretty obvious fix).
Yea, it should be straightforward. Eagerly awaiting your patch.
Thanks for looking into this.