This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages
- To: Carlo Wood <carlo at runaway dot xs4all dot nl>
- Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:50:12 -0600
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com (egcs at cygnus dot com)
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199809151704.TAA06119@jolan.ppro>you write:
> info files are a pain in the ass :). They are the "official" choice
> for the format of a manual of a GNU package I understood, but its
> very hard to use and I always find myself using `grep' on the raw
> info files :/.
Similarly. I've gotten pretty adept at reading raw info files over
> Personally I think that a html version of docs is certainly a
> *better* choice then the "info" file format. What would be the
> correct way to get html-ized docs the prefered format for GNU
You'd have to bring this up with RMS. This isn't a decision that the
egcs project can make for the GNU world.
> Is it an option to start to include the egcs docs as html?
We could probably make it an additional option if someone contributes