Re: No Fortran

In article <199809142239.SAA01457@melange.gnu.org> you write:
>>Craig, I'm also sending this directly to you, as it seems you developed
>>that feature back then.

>I'm still not entirely sure that we should avoid building libg2c
>even when `f77' is not in the list of languages.  Do we avoid
>building the C++ libraries when "c++" isn't in that list?

>The reason I ask is, just because g77 (and f771) don't get built
>doesn't mean users won't want, or be able to, use a libg2c that
>gets built with it:

>  f2c foo.f
>  gcc foo.c -lg2c -lm

Seems valid to me, but then, I would say that we need a feature to
enable/disable specific libraries AND corresponding comments in the
INSTALL directive... Say something like
LANGUAGES="c++ chill f77 libf2c libstdc++" as a full list, with some
dependencies that get trigerred automatically (building f77  triggers
lib2fc).

I wouldn't know if this is an easy scheme to implement or not, though...