Re: [OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages

  In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980914170353.150A-100000@lo-pc3035a>you write:
  > Am I right in assuming man and info files are generated from the same
  > source files? If not, IHMO, this would be the ideal way to go so people
  > can have the option to choose to install both man/info files or to install
  > one of the two.
I do not think the man pages are currently generated from the info
files.  That would certainly be a better way to handle them.

I never use the info pages either, though I'm not all that hot on the
idea of yet another configure option to deal with this kind of issue.

Thoughts from the rest of this list on adding a new configure time
option to disable installation of the info files?

jeff