new egcs/gcc frontend

I'd like to write an egcs front-end for a new language of my
own invention ;-). In the egcs faq a rethink of the frontend
system is mentioned - has it happened already or is someone
working on it?

Does anybody know if there's some handy source of info on the
frontend/gcc backend interface? (Probably I've missed some
really obvious faq lying around in my egcs install . . .)

Or if there aren't any handy docs, it'd help if someone could
point to the part of the source tree to look at.

*********

I've had a whole load of ideas for the new language I'm planning
- it should be faster than C, more maintainable, object-oriented,
and also intpretable - heck you name it. But I still haven't
definitely decided on anything yet. If you've got any improvement
on existing languages or ideas that could be incorporated into
it then please feel free to email me.