Cross compiler headers

I'm trying to build egcs+binutils as a cross compiler for
m68k-tekelec-mtos (Chameleon-32 for those in the know) and I've been
mostly successful (just copied the m68k-*-aout stuff with tweeks), but
I'm having problems with system header files when it comes to building
the libraries.  I've copied the headers/libs to my host system, but I
don't know where to put them and what to tell configure.  I've noticed a
`LIBGCC2_INCLUDES' in Makefile.in, but it is permanently blank (no
`@.*@') and I was wandering of that was an `in-progress' enhancement,
and if so, what the plans are for it (`LIBGCC2_INCLUDES' *is* used in
the appropriate places).

I'm having similar problems with libiberty and libio when built for the
target (ie what to do about the headers).

TIA
Bill
--
Leave others their otherness