Re: i386 patches

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, John Carr wrote:
> I am about to check in some i386 patches.  The test suite looks good
> but I wouldn't be surprised if there were bugs.
>
> Let me know if there are any bugs or significant performance changes
> (good or bad).

Bad, unfortunately, though slightly.

The results below are for an AI system we are developing here (C++,
template heavy) with three different inputs that exercise different parts
of our system.

   egcs    19980904      19980907

   #1     44.04 user    44.11 user
   #2     52.51 user    53.32 user
   #2    122.38 user   123.28 user

Compilation flags were -ftemplate-depth-20 -fno-exceptions -O3 -DNDEBUG.

If you're interested, I can e-mail you the sources of the system plus
some testcases.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/