Re: egcs 1.1 error under Linux

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Matthew Newhook wrote:

> For me this depends. When I develop I want fast compiles, and I don't
> care if the code is particularly slow. If I want fast code then I'll
> compile with optimization, then I don't care how slow the compiler is.

I would think that if one is serious about developing, one would use a
fast development machine for building the project, and testing the project
on the minimum supported target platform (i.e a slower machine). This is
how I always try to work.

Microsoft delibrately did not ensure that their products ran well on the
minimum supported platform, just to ensure that Intel maximised their
profits, and in turn maximised their own profits. A cautionary tale for
anyone. It's certainly made me move to an alternative operating system
(i.e Linux).

Cheers,
Alex
--