Re: underflows, overflows, ...

>>>>> "pancho" == pancho  <pancho@galaxy.lca.uevora.pt> writes:

 pancho> What are the flags to be used during compilation tha allow
 pancho> for overflows, underflows and floating points in the
 pancho> calculations using egcs? in such a way that the codes dont
 pancho> stop, make any core dump, and dont stall.

I think only the Alpha has code generation options which affect this.
(Maybe other targets do, but it isn't generally the case).

The g77 documentation gives an example of changing the floating point
trap behaviour on GNU x86 systems.  I have similar code that works on
various other systems to which I've had access, but I don't know what
system you're using; most I've seen actually default to the
IEEE-recommended (?) behaviour of _not_ trapping floating point
exceptions.

[I'd like to try again after the egcs 1.1 dust settles to get a
tidied-up version of this included as a standard (link-time) facility
with either g77 or (preferably) egcs itself, but it was rejected for
g77 previously.]